FAQs » Tri-Honor Athlete

Tri-Honor Athlete

How does a student become a Tri-Honor Athlete?

High School student-athletes must participate on a VPA-sanctioned athletic team during all three sports seasons and make the Honor Roll during the first three quarters of the school year. Tri-Honor Athletes will be awarded a pin to attach to their varsity letter, receive a Tri-Honor Athlete certificate, and will have their name engraved on a plaque in the cafeteria.

My daughter participated on the soccer team, Chess Team and softball team this past year, but she did not receive Tri-Honor Athlete recognition?

The Chess Team is considered a club team at MAUHS because it is not a sport sanctioned by the Vermont Principals Association. (Note: In the Fall of 2015, Girls Volleyball was added as a Varsity sport at MAUHS and is sanctioned by the VPA).